Randumb Fact #21: Hallmark sells a line of “encouragement” cards you can send to people who’ve lost their job.

hallmarkEver get bad news that you felt you could have gone your day without having known about? Needed something to just brighten up you day and put a smile on your face? Why not send your friend a Hallmark card that tells them that it’s okay to be sad, or in this case, that it’s okay that they lost their job?

Honestly, when I first read this post, I wasn’t exactly surprised when I saw that Hallmark actually made a card for those who were a job loss. Every time I go to the big chain supermarket or the local dollar store, there’s always that one section dedicated to Hallmark cards for almost EVERY occasion. From birthdays, to holidays, to absurd accomplishments, there is a card for almost every occasion.

hallmark_logo

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m one of those people who like to give one of those perfect cards with every gift, especially the ones that play music when you first open the card. Others just see them as, not a nuisance per say, but unnecessary. They say that most people don’t even read cards, they just glance at them and throw them aside and continue to open their present and be on their way. I however, like to say that people like to actually read their card because in a way, it makes it seem as though there are two presents because before or after you open your first present, you have another one to look forward to opening too. I guess a person’s opinion about the significance of a card is related to how they feel about the effect that an expression of words can have on a person’s being. Sometimes, it’s all based on what you say AND how you say it, and when a person can’t do it, then sometimes a card can.