20th Annual Environmental Chemistry and Microbiology Student Symposium
Hosted by: Penn State University Student Association of Environmental Science and Engineering
ECMSS is an annual student run symposium held at Penn State’s University Park campus, which brings together graduate students, undergraduate students, and faculty members engaged in environmentally relevant research. This two day event typically draws 60-70 graduate and undergraduate researchers from Penn State and regional universities. Student poster presentations and oral presentations are judged by Penn State faculty and post-docs and top presentations are awarded prizes!
ECMSS is a great opportunity to share, to learn, and to network with like-minded researchers in other disciplines.
The full conference schedule is now available! Click here to view.
To access the 2017 Abstract Book, click here.
Date: April 21-22, 2017
Location: For detailed directions see our Directions Page.
Forest Resources Building
Penn State University
State College, PA 18603
Keynote Talks (more info):
- Friday, April 21st:
“Three Perspectives on the Global Carbon Cycle: Soil, Atmosphere and Energy”
–Dr. Margaret S. Torn, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Saturday, April 22nd:
“Creating community-scale, people, and planet friendly water treatment technologies”
–Dr. Monroe Weber-Shirk, Cornell University
“Development and Globalization of Hybrid Ion Exchange Nanotechnology (HIX-Nano): Mitigating Fluoride and Arsenic Crisis in Water”
–Dr. Arup SenGupta, Lehigh University
- You do not need to register to attend the event.
- Abstract submission is OPEN for oral and poster presentations!
- Abstracts can be submitted by filling out the Abstract Submission form.
- Deadline for all abstracts is: CLOSED.
- For more information and guidelines for submission, see our Participant Information page.
Participate in our Photo & T-Shirt Design Contest!
- Photo and T-shirt design contest is open!
- Winning photos will be featured on the ECMSS website and symposium posters. The winning T-shirt design will be provided to all participants at the event.
- Submissions can be completed here.
- Deadline for submissions is: ClOSED
- For more information and guidelines for submission, see our Contest Page.
For even more information about ECMSS, explore the links at the right of the page, or contact this year’s co-chairs directly.
2017 Environmental Chemistry and Microbiology Student Symposium
April 21 & 22, 2017