Inspire Yourself

This entire semester I have talked about inspirational people, from people who overcame countless obstacles to achieve their goal to philanthropists giving away thousands of dollars to help others to people who used their passions to change the world.  Now, I would like to address one more inspirational person – YOU.

Yes, you.  After reading Six Effective Ways to Inspire Yourself, you can:

• Become inspired and therefore change some parts of your lifestyle
  • With the changed lifestyle, inspire others

motivation-98015

1.  Read / Watch Movies.  Being exposed to the product of other peoples’ creativity drives you into a cycle of unending ideas and and experiences.  Though these may differentiate somewhat from real life, it was real people that created the story, and they want to convey the message to you.

2. Listen to music.  For most types of music, the lyrics tell a story worth hearing.  Music can be a very influential part of someone’s life, and someone can live by the lyrics that an artist conveys.

3. Make note of your dreams.  Being aware of your short-term and long-term goals makes you more motivated to achieve them, and there is no better feeling than finally achieving something you’ve worked so hard for.

4. Free write.  Take some time to sit down and let your mind pour on the pages.  Doing this frequently from day to day can help get your mind off things that may be on your mind at the present moment.  Then in the future when you go back and read everything you wrote about, you can see how much you’ve changed and grown up in your writing.

5. Take time off.  You eventually reach a certain stage in your life where work interferes with play, and it’s okay – it happens.  Taking time off, whether it be an hour or two to watch tv or a week to go on a paradise vacation, is essential to success in the workplace.  Balance is possible, and although work almost always trumps play, there’s always time for you to have a little fun.

6. Keep in contact with people.  Life is not a journey that one is destined to adventure out on your own.  By nature, your overall persona is directly affected by the people you interact with.  The people you are surrounded by are not only who inspire you, but they can also be who you can inspire.

I’ve written many blogs with people that inspire myself and hopefully also inspire you.  But with this last blog, I hope that these steps can lead you to inspire other people.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Inspire Yourself

1. Kathryn Van Develde says:

I wish I had been around to have read the rest of your blog because I really like this blog. I love the style to your writing and love the topic.
    Even though I’m sad to see this end, I’m sure that we can all agree that it will be nice to have less work.

–K.E. Van Develde

2. Kara Kiessling says:

I like this wrap up! Never thought while I am sitting there watching endless ours of True Blood would it count as inspiring. This is a great list and I would often like to revert back to it. I love the positivity in your posts, also.

3. Neil Kelkar says:

I really liked this blog post. I’ve always tried to be more motivated to do work or try and be happy. It’s good living the life the way you want, but a lot of the time it’s accepting that things don’t always go your way.

4. Diane Cascioli says:

I love this list because usually when I listen to music or watch a movie, I blame myself for not using the time toward something more productive. I didn’t realize that by doing these things, I’m inspiring myself each time and helping to keep an overall positive attitude in my daily life.

5. Alex Bunney says:

Nice final post to wrap up your blogs and some good advice that makes a lot of sense. I liked your choice of topic for the passion blogs since it is good to read things that are positive and inspiring when there is a lot of negativity and stress in our lives today.