The mission of the Service Engineering and Applied Optimization Laboratory is to form a research group that conducts high quality academic research while addressing real industrial and government problems. Research activities are focused on the use and development of advanced computer software to analyze and optimize performance measures of actual systems.
Faculty participants have unique combination of expertise that allows to address complex problems in manufacturing logistics, real time scheduling, stochastic modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems, facility layout and location, and network design and optimization.
- To provide researchers with the essential tools, skills and guidance to conduct research and propose innovative new theory and applications of Operations Research techniques and models.
- Bring together researchers and faculties with similar interests to share ideas and gain exposure to various advancements in the field of service engineering and optimization.
What we do
- Collaborate with industry partners to solve real world problems
- Actively review emerging literature
- Perform cutting edge research and develop/propose models to improve different systems
- Help graduate and undergraduate students on concepts/courses related to service engineering and optimization.