Dust to Digital: Say Goodbye to CD’s

On my way to work one morning, the radio announcers were talking about how CD’s are becoming obsolete. My immediate reaction was what a horrible topic there’s no way CD’s could become obsolete. Than I started thinking about how everything has become so digital now a days where we can buy our music online. With that being said, I guess I can see why CD’s are going to disappear. Which made me think about: cassette tapes, floppy disk, VHS, and optical drivers are for the most part no longer in PC’s.  Those have been gone for a long time and we haven’t really reverted back to them either.mp3  With platforms such as iTunes, Amazon, Pandora, and Youtube the ability to purchase or stream music in an instant is extremely convenient. All of these options are made available to our smartphones, computers, tablets, and mp3 players, giving us 24/7 accessibility to music. As we continue embrace our digital media, we are seeing the number of sales in CD’s drop, which could mean out business for many records stores. We can also expect our vehicles CD player to becomVehicle-CD-Players-300x199e obsolete. Currently all new vehicles can be synced to your phone or mp3 player by Bluetooth. I believe it’s a matter of time where having CD player in your vehicle will no longer be an option just like the cassette player. After our long dedicated relationship to those shiny discs, it has come to that time where we may have to say our farewells, as we watch it be replaced by our computers hardware. We will continue to move forward in technology, our younger generations will never appreciate cassette tapes and rewinding it with a pinky finger or rubbing a CD against your clothes to hope it stops skipping.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.