Wrapping up SoTL Projects for a Bit…

Canvas is coming as our new course management system which means I will be busy for the next year or so helping to get people’s ANGEL content migrated and converted and then the faculty trained on how to use Canvas – so my job description is changing during this time to account for the time requirements that will be needed to help this happen for my campus.

With all that said, I want to make sure I don’t lose any momentum from the SoTL projects that have been on-going up to this point. At the very least, I’d like to present the findings of the projects locally and at one conference this year (if accepted), and I’d like to hopefully squeeze out publications that sum up the highlights from the lifelong learning project this year, the incorporation of mindfulness and other social-emotional  (SEL) practices  into a 1st year support course, and finally something about the faculty cohort series on transformational conversations. This is a tall order, but if I don’t get to it now, it may just  get lost in the flow of time.

I am grateful to my SoTL partners this year – in particular Tara Moore (ENGL) who incorporated ELLI (lifelong learning) into her freshman comp course, my students in my fall and spring LL ED college reading course who were incredibly open and accepting of the SEL activities I asked them to do, to Cora Dzubak, LeighAnn Meyers, Joan Smeltzer, and Ann Fetterman for participating in the ELLI benchmarking project, and to the faculty companions in our transformational conversations series who continue to explore with me what it means to teach, learn, and be in academic community.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.