With Altoona LaunchBox, we provide the general public, students, faculty, successful area entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders with off-campus, co-working space, integrated with an entrepreneurial training program, to accelerate the transformation of innovative ideas into sustainable businesses. We expect Altoona LaunchBox to be sustainable, providing the community with a permanent resource and continued assistance for growing ideas into thriving businesses that will spur further development of the local economy.
1,000 sq. ft. dedicated space is located in the heart of downtown Altoona, close to the many local businesses and in proximity to Penn State Altoona’s downtown campus
The Training Program
- Eight, two-hour classes, where participants learn and receive one-on-one advice from business experts
- Gain insight from the real-life experiences of successful entrepreneurs
- Feedback from colleagues and invited speakers on business ideas
- Funds for a $8,500 cash grant award for the top two business plans
- Legal and accounting in-kind support to award winners
For more information about the bootcamp training program, contact Donna Bon.
Altoona LaunchBox Group
The mission of the Altoona LaunchBox Group is to engage future business owners and local entrepreneurs about their start-up business ideas and get feedback on challenges they face.
The group meets monthly for Start-Up Drinks – coffee for morning meetings or refreshments for after-work gatherings.
For more information about the meetings, follow Altoona LaunchBox on Facebook or contact Rachelle Reasy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-296-2414.