Initial Blog Post!

Greetings, my name is Cas and I was born and raised right here in State College! I

“Photography is one of my favorite hobbies! Here’s a photo I took this past spring!” 

I’m enrolled in this course as a way to fulfill my general education requirements. My adviser suggested this class to me because it was a science course for non science majors. It seemed like the best and most enjoyable option, so I signed up for SC 200. As for why I am not planning to become a Science major, this is due to the fact that I have never been particularly good at the subject. I’ve always seen science as a subject you need to be really smart to excel in, and I’ve had very limited experience with science courses. I was home schooled for many years in middle school, and we didn’t cover much conventional science. In addition, the science courses and requirements in the high school I attended were very loose, so I did not get much exposure to the subject. So for a summary, it would probably be because I don’t have much interest in science, and I don’t find myself smart enough to do well in it anyways.

Here is a video of an experiment we were shown in my Psychology class that studies inequality between monkeys. It’s short, pretty funny, and definitely worth watching so check it out!

One thought on “Initial Blog Post!

1. ayd5332

I really liked the video that you posted! It was very funny. Also, it’s neat that you were home schooled. I always have been curious what that would be like, so hopefully it was a good experience for you.

http://comm.psu.edu