Science and I aren’t friends

Hi everyone! My name is Alexis, but usually go by Lexi or Lex, and I am from CT. I am taking this class as a freshman not only to fulfill my science Gen Ed but because, although I am undecided in my major, one thing I know for sure is that I do not want to do anything with science. I hate science and  I’m pretty sure it hates me back because no matter how hard I try to understand it, it always has me like:

d6f

I actually used to enjoy science back in middle school when we used to make models of the cell out of cake and candy, color on the daily, and watch Bill Nye and the magic school bus. Then, honors high school science came into my life and let me tell you, those two classes were the worst two years of my life. Not only did I not know what was going on, ever, but I don’t think my teachers did either. After that, I dropped down to college prep level chem because I was tired of the struggle. Best decision ever. But for some reason, the next year I thought, hey, maybe I’ll take 4 credit UCONN physics, I’ll get the credit and never have to take science ever again in college! But guess I was wrong because here I am taking a science Gen Ed. Even though I thought I was done with science, I couldn’t tell you how happy I was when I heard that PSU offered a science class that required no science skill or liking at all. I’m excited to learn science in a new and fun way and also, learn about topics that I’m actually interested in. This really could not have been a more perfect fit, because, science, I am done trying to be friends with you.

I do realize however, that science is going to be a part of my life whether I like it or not. Here is an article I found online about just one of the many examples of how science affects our daily lives.