Science Makes the World Go Round?

Hey everyone! My name is Abigail Roe and I am a freshman majoring in Communications (Broadcast/Journalism). I am taking this course quite frankly because I need to fulfill 3 more credits for my general science requirement. So why did I choose SC 200 and not another science course? Well, it was either this or entomology. While learning about bugs is not terrible, I would much rather prefer this class. I enjoy the critical thinking aspect of SC 200. The topics that we plan to cover intrigue me. This class gives a whole new meaning of the word science for me. By taking this course, I hope to gain a greater appreciation for science and how it influences our lives.

I am not planning to be a science major for many reasons. First off, I hate math. It’s hard to do science without touching on a little bit of math. Second of all, I hate math. In all seriousness though, science is just not my thing. My brain is not wired like that. I am more “right brain dominant.” Here is a short article expanding more on the two hemispheres of the brain and what each side stands for.

Below is a rare photo of me when I heard Andrew speak AND found out he was a TED Talk speaker…

ea6dcec40d3bcdfd14a193212fa68953fc9fa84e91ca91b79ad48aabe05ffcf7