I don’t have enough patience for science

Hi everyone! I’m Heather and I live in Warrington PA. Since I’m a freshman I’ve been introducing myself to a ton of people. I typically say that I’m from “outside of philly”, but I quickly realized that people legitimately get annoyed if you respond with that answer. I knew that a lot of people from that area went here, but I didn’t know it was the last place people wanted to hear when they asked where you were from.

0492202fbc407df6ac4336d276f2d2e0Im currently undecided, but I am leaning towards a business related major. Personally, I have always liked science. It was one of my favorite subjects throughout middle and high school, but I realized that I am not interested in any profession that has to actually do with science. I don’t have the patience to sit in a lab and hold experiments. I’m the type of person that likes to see immediate results. If I had to conduct an experiment for a year I would grow extremely impatient. For a while I thought that I could go in a different direction of science and try to be in the medical field. I realized after taking anatomy my senior year how that was not going to be an option. My stomach couldn’t handle all that comes with working in a hospital.

I took this SCM 200 because my advisor said that this was a really different class. I have always loved present day science and learning about the innovations that we don’t necessarily hear about everyday. I thought it would be really cool to take a class that doesn’t have the words “bio” or “chem” in it. HERE Is an article that I read in anatomy class about electronic skin. This was one of my favorite present day science break through that we discussed.

One thought on “I don’t have enough patience for science

1. aed5397

Hey Heather! I’m Ashley and I am freshman as well. I am from Allentown, PA which is also near Philly. I always would say that I lived near Philadelphia because what are the chances someone actually knows the town you are from. Everyone knows Philadelphia so it was always a safe bet to say. Coming to college I was quickly shocked to learn how many people despised hearing that like yourself. Also as I was scrolling through all the blog posts to comment on yours got my attention. The title of your blog “I don’t have enough patience for science” grabbed my attention because I wrote about the same issue in my blog post. Heres a link that might help the two of us out in the future to deal with our inpatient nature. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/patience-tips_n_5843928.html