Two Roads Diverged In a Wood, and I Took the One Without Science

Hi all, my name is Victor Gregory. I’m a Freshman currently in D.U.S. but planning to major in Global Studies or Security Risk Analysis. Before i chose Penn State I made a list of all the things that I might like to do with my life. Nothing on that list had to do with science. It included things like: law, Policy, Business. Throughout my years of Catholic School, I never consistently had a science teacher that made me feel interested or engaged in the topic. It is for this reason that I currently do not feel inclined to become a science major. Although I do not feel inclined to study the field I still find it compelling and I can appreciate the importance of it 

That being said, while reading the course summary i thought that I may finally find an opportunity to enjoy science as the basis of the class required critical thinking and analysis. I chose this course because it seems like it will be a good opportunity to develop my critical thinking, as well as give me a chance to look at the world in a whole new light. I have attached a link here to an article about the possible discovery of a second layer ocean under the surface.