I dont hate science, I just hate doing it

Hi, my name is Sean and I’m from Fresno, California. You’ve probably never heard of this place and really the only thing notable about it is that the quarterback for the oakland Raiders graduated from Fresno State. But other than that its nothing special. I came to Penn State to study in the Smeal College of Business and major in Finance. I am taking this course mainly because in the description it said that this course was not intended for Science majors, but it would still fulfill my GenEd requirement for science. That sounded like the perfect class for me so I signed up for it. I am not planning to be a science major because of my junior year honors chemistry class. Going into this class I was interested in chemistry because I wanted to learn how different elements reacted with each other. I can remember making dry ice bombs with my friends, kind of like this, and wondering why it worked the way it did (it blows up at around 1:19 if you’re interested). Or when my biology teacher lit his table on fire and it just went out peacefully without catching the building on fire. These were the things that had me interested in science. But once honors chemistry started my interest in chemistry quickly faded. My teacher told us that in order to get a good grade in the class we would essentially have to get a good grade on every test and lab for the whole year. And once she started teaching, chemistry went from learning how things interact with each other to simply doing boring and complex math problems. I felt like I had no idea what was going on every time I stepped into class.bf73196327b409d12c214e9994de369e

I barely pulled out a B in this class and the experience finalized my decision to major in Finance. I still remain interested in science and I realize its vast importance in today’s society, but I no longer have any interest in pursuing it as a career.

2 thoughts on “I dont hate science, I just hate doing it