Science Is Not My Thing

Hi SC200, my name is Daniel Snyder and I am from just outside of Pittsburgh, PA (#SteelerNation). I am currently a Freshman here at Penn State in the Division of Undergraduate Studies and I plan on staying away from all the science and engineering majors. Instead, I hope to get into the Smeal College of Business and study either accounting or finance.

I am taking this course for the same reason the majority of everyone else is, and that is because I need a general science class. I chose this class specifically because it seemed interesting. I actually think I love science as a whole, but can’t find a specific topic that fully interests me. For example, I think its fascinating how aspirin and other medicines are created from simple chemical formulas. However, I could really care less how many moles of sodium are in a grain of salt. For those of you who don’t know what a mole is, click HERE. Basically, I am taking this class because it spans multiple subjects of science without getting super in depth into a specific one, which interested me. I enjoy the fascinating and mind-blowing parts of science, but have no interest in some of the more in depth parts of it.

Unknown-4

I do not plan to be a science major because like I said before, I can’t find my niche in science that I love and enjoy. Instead, I feel as if I have more of a business mindset and enjoy business as a whole more than science. It seems almost fun to me thinking about ways to sell and market certain things and unfortunately, I don’t have that same feeling with science. So, I feel as if business is more of a strong suit of mine especially coming from more of a business household.

One thought on “Science Is Not My Thing

1. Ryan Thomas Kusmira

Hi Daniel, My name is Ryan and I am also from Pittsburgh. Science is also not my thing and I am taking this class for the exact same reason you are. Let’s Go Steelers!