Science Behind The Law of Attraction

The law of Attraction is slowly but surely becoming more and more popular. I first learn about this idea in sophomore year in high school and it has changed my life ever since. The basis of this idea is that like attracts like. This applies universally whether it be objects, health, finances, relationships, or ambitions, the Law of Attraction does not discriminate.

This idea dates back ages, in fact like attracts like is one of Plato’s ideas. While this is still a growing field of study there has been many anecdotes to attest this law. Realistically it makes sense because water is attracted to water, this is called cohesion. By repeatedly thinking that you have the power to achieve something, you attract that possibility to you. This is basically the power to manifest something. Manifestation means something that is visually or publically displayed from an idea or theory. So you can manifest good health or being financially stable or whatever you want by using the law of attraction.

aaeaaqaaaaaaaam8aaaajdvjytyxm2u2ltg5nmmtngrjos05ndnilweyyjywzje2otu3mg

Image found here

This can be done easily through aspiration, attention, and action. Aspirations are knowing what you want or desire so make some goals. Attention is focusing on what you want giving those ideas energy. Action is similar to attention because it helps you keep focused. Do something every day to work towards your goals.

Thoughts becoming things has been scientifically tested. One study showed that negative thoughts including worry and fear caused people to become sick where as positive thoughts of healthiness can keep people healthy. This can be proven by the placebo effect. People that are given a fake pill claim that they feel better because they think that they are receiving treatment. This shows that thoughts can actually make you feel better. As long as your thoughts are positive, positive effects will come soon after just like taking a placebo makes you feel better because you think you are getting better.

Sony has recently created a robot that creates actions due to people thoughts. This is not just a correlation but rather a thought directly causing the movement. A person wearing some type of skull cap that measures electrical impulses can think about moving his arm and then the robot would actually move his arm. This is because the electrical impulses generated by the thought are transferred in to making the robot move its arm.  This shows that thoughts become things.

Critiques of this science say that the evidence for the law of Attraction is based on stories but that isn’t enough to disregard the law of attraction. The power that is supposedly has is too great to be ignored. Even with little evidence, simply changing your attitude and thought process has a greater value than to not at all. It isn’t that hard to try something new that could potentially drastically benefit you. I would say it is worth trying something new.

ProsperityRadio. “Is There Scientific Evidence Behind the Law of Attraction?”YouTube. YouTube, 03 Apr. 2009. Web. 15 Sept. 2016.

By Constantly Telling Yourself You Can Achieve Something, You Predict a Constructive Outcome. Positive Repetitive Thought (RT) Has Been Found to Enable: . “Law of Attraction Pro.” Scientific Proof of the Law of Attraction. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2016.

One thought on “Science Behind The Law of Attraction

1. Arianna L Del Valle

This post reminds me a lot about “The Secret”, a book by Rhonda Byrne. It’s all about self-help and the power of visualization. It’s either a complete hit or a complete miss for some people (http://www.slate.com/articles/life/human_guinea_pig/2007/05/ive_got_the_secret.html), but it’s personally worked for me so far. Ever since my sophomore year of high school, I’ve visualized myself studying at Penn State. I pasted posters on my closet so that every morning when I woke up, it would be the first thing I saw. 3 years later, I’m exactly where I wanted to be! Visualization and the law of attraction are very interesting topics, I’d love to see you delve into them and explore a bit more!