Adderall, A Millennial trick

For 3 dollars a pop, you can take what is called Adderall, a medication given to people with ADHD to help you with studying or doing a blog post. Adderall helps you focus times 10, makes you hyped and concentrated and ready to produce. Millennials, a generation that I hail from, take Adderall like its a piece of gum.

My one friend, takes it almost on a daily basis. she even encouraged me to try it, which I did. I loved it, it absolutely helped me finish a 3500 word paper in less time than expected. however, I didnt realize the consequences of taking it until I saw my friend being 100% dependent on it. no matter what it is, its still a pill with chemicals, which makes me wary. Addy, as my friend nicknames it, is a superb enhancement of the brain, the chemicals in it make your brain fried to the point of trying to accomplish anything at a more than regular pace.

I mentioned above that I was wary of it, and I vowed never to take it again, why ? because I dont want to be dependent on anything to be productive, I am already dependent on other things that help me get through life and relax and kick back, I do not need more. especially not a pill formed drug. I came up with that conclusion after I saw how my friend (who thinks ADHD is spelled 80HD) was extremely dependent on it. she cant go through her classes without it, and most probably, wont ever be able to be productive as much without it. the consequences of taking adderall is still a huge question mark. what will happen to my friend without it? what will her brain look like after years and years of inhaling it? how productive will she be without it? no one knows, which is why i decided I will go through college without it, I believe being lazy should be respected and overcome with personal enthusiasm.

Source:

Millennials took Adderall to get through school. Now they’ve taken their addiction to the workplace