Faculty: Please remind your students about the University Teaching Awards

Recently, a reminder appeared in the Penn State Newswires that nominations for the Undergraduate Teaching Awards are accepted year-round at http://www.schreyerinstitute.psu.edu/AwardsForm/. 

Our students take courses with some pretty stellar teachers here at Penn State.  During this difficult semester, that is a good thing to remember. 

How about saying something like this:

“I know some of my faculty colleagues are among the best teachers here at Penn State.  Have you considered nominating one of them for an Undergraduate Teaching Award?”

Perhaps you could suggest that if they’ve recently given positive ratings to one of their other teachers, that faculty member might also deserve a teaching award.

Or, as a last resort, you could remind them simply because I’m asking for your help reaching out to students.  After all, students spend the most time experiencing faculty teaching excellence–we need to hear from them!

If you can’t remember the URL above, it is the first link listed in a search for “teaching awards” from the Penn State homepage.