Leaning Tower of Uggs !

Girls ! Girls ! Girls ! It is getting cold out especially in the morning on your walk to class. But what do you see other females wearing when you’re on your way to that 9 am class?  Think hard.. it seems as if every female on campus has one of these.. ( a northface)  right ! Now what goes hand in hand to complementing that jacket to keep those feet of yours from freezing? The winter shoes of all shoes! UGGS.

UGG’s  the Australian/ New Zealand brand has earned the title of becoming a girl’s best friend during the coldest of days throughout harsh winters. They come in a variety of choices ranging from:

1. Classic Short( the original)- What I call “a keeper”, never goes out of style. So if your thinking of a way to keep up with the every changing trends, classic short’s are always the way to go.

2. Bailey Buttons ( the transformer )- a “must-have” in my book. This Ugg can alternate between styles a upper look similar to classic when left regular, or for something a little more fashionable letting that inside fur show. This ugg illustrates the best of both worlds.
3. Classic Tall ( the imitator )- fall are to knee-hi boots as winter are to “talls”. If you adore those fall knee-hi’s/ riding boots, classic tall Uggs are the best pick for you. Lovely to wear with leggings or skinny jeans during the winter, if you pick the right color they can make any outfit change from the comfortable look to an outfit !

Now, since I explained the three types of major Uggs I would like you to scroll up once again and take a good look at those pictures and remember them as Uggs.

FASHION DON’T # 2

For all the money Uggs are worth you should never let your Uggs get to this point, take care of them and get your money’s worth. They are not WATERPROOF, INDESTRUCTIBLE, EVERYDAY SHOES, RAIN BOOTS, SUMMER BOOTS, or to be worn in twenty feet of SNOW. When worn under such conditions turns your Uggs from fashionable to a big NO NO.

The exterior is composed of sheepskin with an internal fleece tanned into the leather that gives thermostatic properties to the boots.You can expand the lifetime of your Uggs with proper care that consists of knowing when to wear them and using cleaners/protectors, because they will smell if abused ( and who wants that). Insoles are sold to replace used ones, along with a waterproof protector to avoid stains on the outer surface.

So to all my ladies and even some gentlemen please take care of those Uggs this winter to avoid becoming a fashion victim.

3 thoughts on “Leaning Tower of Uggs !

1. This fashion issue definitely needed to be addressed! Thank you! The other day I was walking to class and I saw a pair of Uggs that needed some TLC! You’re right through– these boots are not indestructible, but some peope wear them every day and everywhere. Good boots, but need frequent care! Thanks for posting!

2. I love your fashion wisdom! I also love UGGS. I got my first (and only) pair last Christmas and I wear them all the time. They are just so comfy and warm. It’s funny that you bring up the last bit about making sure to take care of them, because I always secretly shake my head at these girls who let it get to that point. Those shoes are so expensive! You can’t just treat them like a pair of old, muddy sneakers that you would wear when you want to go walking through the woods! It’s a really smart idea to use waterproofing spray before you ever wear UGGS outside. My pops would not let me even think about taking those out after Christmas until he personally sprayed them himself.

3. Thank you Sarah for your weekly fashion update! I’ve been wearing my UGG moccasins everywhere and *love* them… You are spot on that as soon as you wear them outside, something is bound to happen so care must be taken. After getting the lower toe part of the shoe dirty I bought the UGG cleaning kit, and I’ve found that it helps a lot to preserve them because it includes a stain-repellent, a washer/conditioner and an inside shoe spray to ‘freshen’. I highly recommend that the cleaning kit (the stain repellent would be key here) before the UGGs are worn outside for the first time. By the way, the classic short are my favorite too!