She Eat Your Heart Out…Like Jeffrey Dahmer

When you think of the term cannibalism, what name comes to mind? Thousands of people would say that one name stands out in relation to eating another human being: Jeffrey Dahmer.

Ironically, I very recently made a trip to my grandmother’s house in Akron, Ohio. I am sure most of you know Akron as being home to the basketball legend: LeBron James. Not only did our “basketball God” grow up in Akron, but so did Jeffrey Dahmer.

Although Dahmer was born in Wisconsin, he spent most of his childhood in Akron. To the outside eye, Dahmer seemed to live a fairly normal life. As we later learned, this was not the case. Jeffrey became an alcoholic by his high school years and grew an odd fascination for dissecting animals. He started with capturing bugs and small birds that he would bring home to cut into. Creepy to think about, I know.

The bugs and birds soon turned into small animals, like cats or roadkill. He eventually became disinterested in small animals and committed his first murder in the year of 1978. He strangled a man named Steven Hicks to death, burying him with the rest of his animal victims.

After moving to Miami, Dahmer became obsessed with luring homosexual male victims into his home. There, he would strangle them and perform sexual acts on their decomposing bodies. Jeffrey would also consume various organs/parts of the body for his own pleasure.

He was eventually caught and sentenced to 957 years in prison with the charges of 15 murders (even though there were probably way more).

Yes, I know what you all were thinking: Dahmer. Was. A. Freak.

There have been countless episodes of Criminal Minds that have been based on or made reference to cannibalism. However, my personal favorite is Season 3, Episode 8: “Lucky”.

DISCLAIMER: if you have not yet seen this episode and hate spoilers, WATCH IT BEFORE READING ON!!

In this episode, a man named Floyd Feylinn Ferell abducted women and forced them to eat the fingers of his previous victims. The medical examiner who thoroughly studied the victim’s bodies, found fingers from at least TEN different people. Implying that Ferell murdered close to a dozen people previously.

Similar to Dahmer, Ferell would remove limbs from the victims and use the meat to make a variety of dishes for his own pleasure. He had a “recipe book” that was found after his arrest that had pages full of recipes that were made from human flesh. Like Dahmer, Ferell committed most of his killings in Florida. They also had a similar physical resemblance. Ferell was considered a Satanist, as most people also considered Dahmer to be as well. As satanic as Dahmer appeared to be, he never once mentioned any particular religion that he was a part of, he was just simply a terribly revolting excuse for a human being.