Complete Penn State’s FERPA course (for most users, this was probably done on accepting employment at Penn State).
Complete the online Starfish Orientation in the Learning Resource Network.
Click this link to access the orientation module. You will need to authenticate via Web Access, then click “Launch” to start the module. Once launched, follow the on-screen instructions.
Request your role.
Faculty & Staff Users
- Starfish Faculty & Staff Role request system (Beta-test) – An electronic system for faculty and staff to request Academic Support Staff, General Adviser, Study Abroad Academic Adviser, Staff Tutor, and Career Counselor roles. This system replaces a paper form by authenticating users via WebAccess and creating an electronic approval workflow to the requester’s supervisor and ASR.
- NOTE: If the system doesn’t load, or if it doesn’t respond when you click a button, refresh your browser. This usually solves a known problem, which is being investigated.
- Need help using the Role Request System? Try these step-by-step instructions for Requesters, Managers, and Access Security Representatives.
- Unit-specific roles have their own request processes. See the specific roles here for more information.
- Student Calendar Manager role request form – for use in requesting a Student Calendar Manager role for an undergraduate student worker.
- Peer Tutor role request form – for use in requesting a Peer Tutor role for an undergraduate student worker.
Users whose job responsibilities do not match the currently configured roles should contact the Starfish Administrator for guidance.
Currently enrolled students, instructors teaching a course this semester, and advisers with at least one assigned advisee automatically have access to Starfish.