Graduation Gifts for All

I remember last year when I graduated from high school I was invited to a lot of graduation parties. While I was excited about attending a lot of fun parties (with very good food may I add), I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of gifts I had to buy. I mean come on I’m not made of money! So, in my quest to go to as many graduation parties as possible while not breaking the bank I collected a large pool of graduation party gift ideas! Here are a few of my favorites.

Number 1: College Survival Kit

When starting the next chapter of life, there are many essential items someone may need, so why not help your recipient out with a head start? A college survival kit, is fun and useful for anyone. StudentAdvisor.com suggests putting all the gifts together in a shower caddy! It also recommends putting items in it that your recipient may forget such as a sewing kit, a screwdriver, or laundry instructions. I would also add some of their favorite snacks (nonperishable ones, though) and maybe a mug and coffee! Feel free to add anything you think will be essential to starting college!

College Survival Kit
College Survival Kit

Number 2: College apparel

When starting a new school, students are always excited to get new gear to wear around campus. While some college apparel can get pricey, some can be pretty inexpensive! Try RallyHouse.com for a large array of variety. They have everything from hats to key chains to blankets. If your recipient is a girl, you can give her an Alex and Ani bracelet that has her school on it. These are always popular gifts.

Penn State Alex and Ani Bracelet, $32
Penn State Alex and Ani Bracelet, $32

Number 3: Magazine Subscription

For those long travels home or just for free time on the weekend, magazines can be the perfect gift. US News and World Report recommends it as a gift because they say it is the perfect reading to help students relax. It is fairly inexpensive, and is the gift that keeps on giving (because it lasts all year long!)

Try a subscription for Time Magazine
Try a subscription for Time Magazine

Number 4: Oh the Places You’ll Go Book

A very sentimental gift can be Dr. Seuss’s book “Oh the Places You’ll Go.” This book is perfect gift because it talks about growing up and the future. There are many places to write a cute little note to your recipient. CleverlySimple.com recommends to parents that they have their children’s teachers sign the book every year so when it comes time to graduate, they have a compliation of notes from all their teachers from kindergarden until their senior year of high school. This adds extra sentimentality to the gift, and is really meaningful!

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 8.28.41 PM

Graduation is a very exciting time in someone’s life, so it is important to get them a gift that they will never forget! However, just because it is memorable does not mean it has to be expensive. Happy gifting!

2 thoughts on “Graduation Gifts for All

1. The Dr. Seuss idea I thought was pretty cool, although I’d admit it might seem odd to some to be asking for signatures in a children’s book. In the end, though, I think that level of sentimentality could trump a lot of gifts given for graduation (I mean, I just gave people money).

2. My brother is just one year from graduating Penn State so I’ll have to keep these ideas in mind. He’s not a very sentimental guy so I’ll probably have to go with something practical like the magazine subscription.