The interdisciplinary Sustainable Food Systems Program aims to make our own Penn State campus and food system a living laboratory for engagement in sustainable agriculture and food systems by strategically linking classroom education with experiential education, research and community outreach. We grow food, and so much more…growing minds, growing community, and growing food!
How to get involved:
- Lead Student Farmer (paid internship)
- For-credit internships
- Student-led research
- Club membership or leadership
- Sign your group up for a tour
Are you interested in bringing your class to the Student Farm for a tour, workday, or class sessions? We want this space to be a living and learning classroom, so come on out!
- Request a tour or volunteer day for your class
- Invite a representative to come into your classroom
- Assign work on the farm for class assignments
- Develop a project for your class through a course-client collaboration with the Student Farm
Contact: Leslie Pillen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our space is open to the entire Penn State and State College community. We host community and family-friendly events year round and we always welcome tour groups. For more information on events, check out our events page and follow us on social media! If you’re interested in coming out for a tour, sign up here.