University Park Fee Board

Understanding the Fee Board

The University Park Fee Board

Each year, students pay one comprehensive fee referred to as the “Student Fee.” In the 2016-2017 academic year, the inaugural University Park Fee Board was formed. The Board heard over a dozen allocation requests from various administrative entities as well as requests from the University Park Allocation Committee (UPAC), which allocates funds to student organizations.

The UP Fee Board is comprised of 12 voting members. The presidents of both the University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA) as well as the Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA) are members of the Board, and each appoints additional members. The UPUA President appoints three members, while the GPSA President appoints two. The final members of the board are five At-Large members who are selected through an application and interview process held each spring semester. The diverse composition of the Board allows for collaboration and deliberation on allocation decisions.

The Board also contains four non-voting members including designees from the Chair of UPAC, the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Vice President for Business and Finance, and the Executive Vice President and Provost.

The University Park Fee Board

Representatives

Hayden D'Elena (he/his)

Hayden D'Elena (he/his)

UPUA Representative

Fourth Year

Communication Arts and Sciences & Political Science Major

I serve on the Fee Board to ensure that the Student Fee that we all pay is appropriated correctly. Having been at this university for four years now, and being involved in appropriation discussions with Lion Caucus, I would love to extend my knowledge of our University and funding to the Fee Board. The Fee Board sits as a cornerstone of students advocating for students, and making sure their voices are heard in benefits we all have access to. 

Giselle Concepcion (she/her)

Giselle Concepcion (she/her)

UPUA Representative

Fourth Year

Political Science

As one of the UPUA appointees, I serve on the Fee Board because I understand how integral the services the Student Fee supports are for students to have a positive and well-supported experience at Penn State. Ensuring that students have access to basic needs support, community enrichment, healthcare, and so much more is important; thus, I want to work towards providing the most holistic experience for students.

Zeina Delgado (she/her/hers)

Zeina Delgado (she/her/hers)

At-Large Representative

Fourth Year

Enterprise Risk Management Major
Economics Minor

I serve on the Fee Board to have an impact on the entire Penn State community and to ensure a quality student experience. The decisions made by students for the students help enhance the university and I hope to provide that diverse perspective to help further the mission of the board.

Fiona Healy (she/her/hers)

Fiona Healy (she/her/hers)

UPAC Chair

Third Year

Political Science Major
Psychology Minor

I serve on the Fee  Board in order to aid in the goal of allocating the Student Fee in a fair manner. We are responsible for funds that are sourced from the students on this campus, therefore, we must make judicious decisions when allocating.

Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson

At-Large Representative

Third Year

B.S. Supply Chain & Information Systems, Pre-Medical Academic Track

The Fee Board truly is a “hidden gem” of University affairs. Both its condensed structure and its strict adherence to parliamentary procedure magnify the amount of responsibility members hold to their fellow classmates. I believe there are very few opportunities like this that provide such a direct link between representatives and constituents at the college level.

Conor Kelley (he/him)

Conor Kelley (he/him)

At-Large Representative

Fourth Year

Community, Environment, and Development and Global and International Studies Major

I serve on the Fee Board because I value the responsibility of hearing different perspectives when it comes to Student Fee allocation. It is also an incredibly unique opportunity to put student voices from all aspects of student life into the financial obligation we make to the University.

Tim Nevil (he/him)

Tim Nevil (he/him)

At-Large Representative

Fifth Year

Recreation Park and Tourism Management Major

I serve on the Fee Board to ensure that funding for students is done in a fiscally responsible manner that also supports the diverse Penn State community. I look to use my experience within the office of Student Leadership and Involvement to ensure funding provides our students with an equitable and wholistic experience on campus.

Andrew Sciacca (he/him)

Andrew Sciacca (he/him)

Alternate Representative

Fourth Year

Finance Major
ISM Minor

I serve on the Fee Board because I feel that the use of the Student Fee should be controlled by the students. The Fee Board has a great responsibility to the student population and I want to undertake said responsibility.

Zion Sykes

Zion Sykes

UPUA Representative

Third Year

Political Science Major
Global & International Studies Major
Chinese Major
Spanish Minor

I serve on the Fee Board because it is an amazing opportunity to represent the student body and its needs and wants. Serving on the Fee Board gives me the opportunity to positively influence life for all of University Park’s students. Furthermore, the Fee Board allows me to make sure that the Student Fee is used in a transparent and responsible way.

Dallas Zebrowski

Dallas Zebrowski

GPSA Representative

Graduate Student

Penn State Law
The Penn State School of International Affairs

As a GPSA appointee, I serve on the Fee Board because it supports and advocates for the needs and interests of students at Penn State. Making sure that students have access to a substantial out-of-class experience, basic needs support,  healthcare, and other critical aspects of student life is important. Therefore, I desire to work towards providing a superb experience for students.

Chair and Vice-Chair

Najee Rodriguez (he/him)

Najee Rodriguez (he/him)

Chair

Graduate Student

B.A. International Politics, National Security Concentration
B.A. History
Integrated Undergraduate-Graduate Degree in International Affairs, International Security Policy Concentration

I serve on the Fee Board because of its impact on bettering students’ lives as they pursue their education. Higher education has the ability to transform lives for the better, and the Student Fee serves not only as a critical social safety net for students to complete their education, but it also allows students to have a holistic Penn State experience, an experience that every student deserves.

Cierra Chandler (she/her)

Cierra Chandler (she/her)

Vice-Chair

UPUA and GPSA Presidents

Nora O'Toole (she/her)

Nora O'Toole (she/her)

UPUA President

Fourth Year

Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations Major
Security Risk and Analysis Minor

I am passionate about serving the student body and ensuring its voice is heard at all levels of the University, especially in regard to the Student Fee!

Lawrence Miller (he/him/his)

Lawrence Miller (he/him/his)

GPSA President

Graduate Student

Law School

I serve on the Fee Board because I believe it is an important platform to advocate for the needs and interests of graduate and professional students at Penn State. I enjoy working with other student leaders and administrators to allocate funds for various programs and services that enhance the student experience and support academic success. I also appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the financial aspects of the university and how they affect our student community.

Executive Committee

Rayna Alexander (she/her)

Rayna Alexander (she/her)

Chief Administrative Executive

Fourth Year, Graduate Student

B.A. Political Science
Geography Minor

I believe in the ethical and transparent use of the Student Fee. It is in the best interest of the student body that we allocate the Fee responsibly, and ensure it has the most direct and positive impact on the Penn State student experience.

Danil Kurtz (he/him)

Danil Kurtz (he/him)

Chief Budget and Planning Executive

Fourth Year

Finance Major

I serve on the Fee Board to honor, uphold, and represent the Penn State student body. As Fee Board executives, we are given the golden opportunity to advocate and fund the co-curricular experience of higher education. Being able to highlight and advance Penn State’s cultivation of backgrounds and strengths is what enticed me to the Fee Board.

Maggie Atkins (she/her)

Associate Strategic Communications Executive

Fourth Year

Public Relations Major

I serve on the executive board to bring more awareness to everything our student fee does and to ensure a strong social media presence in which students can intentionally interact with their fee. 

Camryn O'Rourke

Camryn O'Rourke

Chief Strategic Communications Executive

Third Year

Public Relations Major

I am honored to serve on the Fee Board Executive Committee. I serve because of my background in communications, wanting to use my skills to effectively share the board’s mission and goals. By being actively involved, I aim to create a transparent and inclusive environment that reflects the shared vision of our student community.

Follow the fee.

Get involved with the Fee Board

Have a question or comment?

11 + 10 =