Li-Jung’s Experience in Barcelona

Li-Jung Lee studied on the *Barcelona, Spain: Landscape Architecture, Dept LARCH (Summer) program. 

If you could give only one reason, why would you suggest other students study abroad?

Stepping out your comfort zone helps you grow as an individual and define who you are.

If you could go abroad again, what would you do differently?  

Worry less and enjoy the moment. Being in a foreign country can stress you out sometimes, but just take a deep breath and learn how to enjoy the moment there and learn how to deal with last minute situation. Because you can’t predict everything that is going to happen, but you can definitely know how to create a good memories while abroad.

Did you participate in any service projects while on your program? How did that enhance your study abroad experience?

While I was abroad, I asked the organization if it’s possible for them to help me get in contact with some local volunteering group since I find it hard to browse Spanish Web page. It turned out that they have worked with some volunteering groups before, so they help me to contact them and asked them if I can join them to help out. Fortunately, I got to join a local volunteering group that hand out food for homeless people and talked to them or got to know them. It was a fantastic experience because most of the homeless people didn’t speak English and they were from all around the world. Thus, I had to use my not- so- skilled or beginner level Spanish to chat with them.