Deadpool: The Lunatic

This specific hero has recently exploded into the world’s view due to his absolute riot of a movie last February. Before that he was popular among comic book fans but to those people that just go to see the movies and stuff like that, he was not well known.

Deadpool is beloved for a wide array of reasons, but his villain roster is not one of them. Deadpool really doesn’t have any iconic villains that are shown to primarily come face to face with him. The villains that are related to him are not really as earth shattering or powerful as the villains of other previously mentioned heroes.

He is very well known for the multitude of team ups that he has with the many different characters of the marvel universe, the most notable of these is Spiderman. The similar costumes usually causes people to confuse the two with each other, resulting in some funny back and forth between them. Their renowned quippy remarks make them a riot together while their different style of dealing with villains can lead to some friction between the two of them.

Deadpool was introduced during the nineties when comic books were trying to be more edgy, resulting in a whole lot of dark antiheroes. Deadpool, however, was originally created to be a spoof of the DC character Deathstroke. Their names, Wade Wilson for Deadpool and Slade Wilson for Deathsrtoke and personalities were initially so similar that  DC sued their long time rival.

Deadpool is incredibly well known for his rather gory antics, not really caring about what kind of damage he leaves in his path. He is really not opposed to killing his enemies which usually puts him in contention with the rest of the super hero community.

The best thing that Deadpool brings to the table is his character. He was a little unstable before his transformation into a super hero and ultimately, when his mutation ruined his appearance and messed with his head, he developed a lot of split personalities and became clinically insane. He is commonly known as the “Merc with a Mouth” because he has been famous for being able to talk and babble to his opponents so much that they become disoriented and cannot focus on the fight. His ramblings are often incredibly comedic and hilarious, to the readers, but not to the of characters of the universe.

Deadpool’s signature though is his ability to break the fourth wall. He often directly addresses the reader and makes jokes concerning both the comic book world, and reality. He often does this while in the plain view of other Marvel characters which is incredibly confusing of them, and causes them to further believe that Deadpool is a insane lunatic that is one of the greatest fighters in the Marvel Universe.

One thought on “Deadpool: The Lunatic”

1. I got really lucky to read your blog this week because you happen to be talking about my personal favorite super hero. I was originally introduced to Deadpool through the game “Ultimate Alliance” which was released in October of 2006. After hearing his commentary through the game, I quickly became a fan of his witty and humorous personality. When I began reading his comics and learning more about him, I learned about his antihero stance. He kills his enemies which in my opinion makes so much more sense. Though I am not a fan of the death penalty, these comic book villains are people who are known for a fact to cause harm to the world. How many times did Batman catch Joker and then Joker escaped to kill more people? At the end of the day Deadpool realizes that these types of people do not deserve to walk the earth. I hated Deadpool’s portrayal in the X Men Origins movie but I think that his solo movie really did him justice. I am really excited to see what more they do with the character considering all the love that the recent movie got.