Facebook Analysis

The Rhetorical Facebook analysis essay was the first assignment that the class was given for the start of the semester. The goal of the assignment was to explain and analyze what we believed our Facebook said about us to other people. The other people are the “audience” of the paper, which were suppose to be fellow classmates that new what Facebook was, but had not yet seen our personal Facebook profile. This essay introduced one of the main ideas of the course which is the idea of being able to use the appropriate rhetorical situations that will best help a writer connect to the intended readers (examples: a classmate, professor, or parent). We were to go into detail about what the pictures we posted, pictures we were tagged it, statues we made, groups we were apart of, and friends we had said about ourselves through Facebook. The actual assignment sheet that was given out in class is provided in a file below. The essay was graded on our ability to be well organized. We had to make sure that with each new claim about our profile we had evidence to back it up while still being able to relate to our audience. We also needed to have a well developed thesis statements and good general grammar use. The grading criteria is also provided in a file at the bottom of the page.

This assignment was challenging for me. I had never written anything like this before and the thought of writing my first graded college paper build up some anxiety for me. Putting in the needed time and effort as well as asking the professor helped me to get a better understanding of how to explain myself and organize the essay. If I could change anything about my essay I would like to have been to be able to explain each of my claims about myself more clearly. Another issue I had that caused point deduction was repeating some of the same information too often. It made the essay sound less professional and could have made my reader board, which is something I do not want to have happen. Overall this is a fun and different essay to start off the school year. If you get creative with the assignment and make sure to put in the time to explain yourself to your readers well; you will succeeded.

facebook analysis assignment    the assignment sheet for the paper

grading criteria for facebook analysis essay   the grading criteria for the paper

English 015 facebook profile paper sample paper of the rhetorical Facebook analysis (it received a B)

One response to “Facebook Analysis

1. Pingback: Facebook Analysis | Surviving Freshmen Year in English 15 | remix toi-m;e;e