Analysis on “Among Philistines” by R.S. Gwynn

When reading this poem, it could become a little confusing. I honestly had to read it  few times to get an understanding of what is happening. From what I have read in this poem, it starts off with the night before they were going to kill this man. He saw his tale about what has happened on the news. If I am correct Delilah is a girl betrays Philistines. She then goes to another man to get with him because she complained about how little she was paid. According to this poem she  is beautiful and has perfect breasts and body. The the prom goes on to talking about how she is matchless to Zion. Zion is a hill in Jerusalem that the city of David is built on. The the poem talked about how chains were pulled tight on the man’s greasy chest. Then mentioned how there were corny captions for advertising the zeros that they shave the best. Then from my understanding, Delilah was chasing him trying to cut off his powerful hair. His hair was his strength behind him and for Delilah to get back at him, she had to cut off his hair. So with “golden shires” she laid a pile of hair. The the light from heaven came shining down to make him pray for what he has done. This poem has a hard sense of business to take from, but what I took from it is that you go after what you want. There may be no fee of getting things, but selling yourself will get you success.