The only thing to Fear is fear itself….

arnold eye jeffrey reviewFor my last blog post, hard to believe I’m saying last, the year went by too fast! Full of many ups and downs, highs and lows, but we did it!!

For my last post I wanted to combine horror and contemporary metal, literally. The newest Robert Englund film titled “Fear clinic” is AMAZING! Starring Slipknot’s Corey Taylor also, and he even performed and wrote a song, “The Dark” for the film with his band Stone Sour! It plays at the credits and the music video is epic!

“A doctor (Robert Englund)works to cure patients suffering from crippling phobias by placing them inside his invention which induces and controls hallucinations.” That invention id the Fear Chamber, it makes your greatest fears come to life, it helped people conqueror them, until Fear grew into a literal reality! This is more of a physiological thriller horror as opposed to my usual slasher classics, but as all Englund horror/film flicks, purely amazing role! And With Corey in on the adventure it further illustrates just how close horror and the metal genre are, from scary bands to creepy, smashing, guitar blaring soundtracks. Again metal and horror are trying to answer those hidden questions, often those hidden answers and questions we hide within us. A movie where our fears come to life…..pure terror. I totally recommend this film, it is amazing and really asks tough questions about fear and the human agenda/psyche.

To end this I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for reading, offering feedback, and support, it meant the world to me. It was truly an honor to be in class with you all and to hear your stories through your blogs. I’ve learned so much from you guys and often times you have helped me face my fears and adversities this year, so truly thank you!

I hope to continue this blog maybe here or elsewhere, I’m glad to have gotten this blogging experience, I never even considered blogging ever before RCL came along. So I’ll post my last artwork for now and go back to hiding in the studio under paints and essays and projects…..Good luck to everyone, and if you ever need anything don’t be afraid to ask, I’ll be officially living in my new studio in 3rd floor Visual Arts building next semester!

4 thoughts on “The only thing to Fear is fear itself….

1. Lisa Keim says:

It has been such a pleasure being in class with you and reading your blogs this semester. As always, the artwork you included is incredible. Best of luck in your studio next semester, I know you’re going to make great things!

2. Helena Marie says:

That eye though! I am so curious what the reflection is! I am so glad I was able to read your blog, to learn more about you and your love for horror and metal! I do hope you keep up this blog and definitely enjoy your new studio!!!

3. Lillian says:

Taylor, it has been a pleasure reading all of your blog posts and seeing your amazing artworks. I cannot wait to see more of your creations in the future. I love how you tie together different ideas and present them in a new light. Great job!

4. Nicole Luchansky says:

Taylor, this was a really cool last post. I never thought to tie together metal and horror, but they really do have a lot of similarities, particularly with fear. What is your biggest fear? Also, once again, your artwork is unbelievable. I am going to miss getting to see your new pieces each week, so I hope you do continue the blog. Well done on this blog and the artwork, and best of luck when you become a famous artist someday. 🙂