Sizzler Commercial Analysis….

I am going to attempt to analyze the Sizzler ad in all its akward glories. The major aspect I noticed was that it was focusing on how great the Sizzler was. The American Dream restuarant basically. It offers numerous selections, great food optionjs, light and joyous place, and happy people everytime and everyday. They showed every person in the commercial was happy or appeared akwardly overly happy. It focused on numerous audience types that “defined” America in that time, families, sailors, fit/healthy lookinng individuals, and a lot of people that had that Marilyn Monroe-like hairstyle. The ad focused on the selection and options that Sizzler offered and how it is family friendly, it is THE place to go. However I feel it fails in regards to being a restaurant ad.

The commericial shows all these great people (over acting) that define the American idea of happiness and opprtunity, but I barely saw many examples of the food the establishment sold. I mean it was there, often in the background, but I feel as a restaurant ad that should be the forefront focus.  I saw a brightly lit room with tons of food buffet tables but I did not even see all the options they offered. Ok I digress, I noticed an Italian food sign when I was attempting to notice other details of the commercial besides those overly cheesy smiles. However, that was the only food description I noticed, as a buffet I assume that they have numerous other foods and cuisine options, but this ad did not disply it. The Sizzler ad sieze’s the American Dream ideal very well I feel. Especially in the 90’s that was a great attraction factor to people and families. I guess everyone likes to have the freedom of choice and opportunity, I do, but as a food establishment, that may not be the most ideal angle to focus upon for 95 percent of the time slot. The great food selection and amazing looking food should be shown to appeal to people to go eat there. The place was brightly lit and inviting, but I’m sorry, yes it was the 90’s, but some of those smiles were a tad bit terrifying.

The music was catchy, and the commercial was definitely memorable, but I did feel it was a bit on the long side. I am used to those quick info mercials but this seems engulfed with those fun and great scenes of people enjoying life and it takes alot of time to get to the point. I would never sit there and watch the whole commercial, I am sorry, I would have left the living room and got a drink or something. after the first 2 minutes my attention was lost on that. The ad was quite effective in some aspects, but in the key aspects of a commercial, especially a restaurant, it was not there. Definitely an interesting place the Sizzler is.