FourWinds software was upgraded from 126.96.36.1990 to 188.8.131.525 yesterday afternoon. New features include:
- Added the GetDataUrl service to retrieve the page for passed data.
- An enhancement to Hosted connection to connect to multiple back-end databases.
- Content Store credentials can be saved in Content Manager for easier uploads.
- A new script command that enables pagination of objects in other regions.
- A new script command that enables users to go back/forward on HTML pages.
- A new interactive script to directly initiate templates to play.
We will be upgrading the FourWinds software on Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 3pm. Upgrading is a 3-step process that we will do for you.
1. Upgrade the Signage Network database. This takes about 5 minutes.
2. Upgrade the Content Manager client software. This is the software you use to manage and schedule the content from your desktop. We will push this software and it will take between 5 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Upgrade the Content Player software. This is the software on the signage players. This is the computer actually running your content that is directly connected to the large screen monitor. We have not upgraded this software yet, but the vendor assures us that it only take 5-10 minutes for each player.
We fully expect that we won’t have any issues, but we are asking to see whether you can “deploy” any content before Friday for this weekend…..just in case.
Please let us know if this presents a problem….otherwise, we will begin the upgrade process at 3pm on Thursday. The software upgrade does not require a reboot, so you probably won’t even know when it is done. Please share this with your other signage colleagues.
We will post this maintenance upgrade and an update to our blog athttp://studentaffairsblogs.psu.edu/technology