Reservoir Dogs

Hey guys! End of the semester is almost here, it’s crazy. Just about two weeks to go! This week, I want to talk to you about Quentin Tarantino’s first film ever, Reservoir Dogs.

reservoir dogs

Image provided via:
www.fanpop.com

This movie is considered to be one of the best crime films and independent films of all time. It is about eight men—all strangers to each other—who plan and execute a diamond heist. The interesting thing is, Tarantino entirely skips the robbery altogether. Instead, most of the movie focuses on what happens after the heist. Pretty much, things don’t go exactly as planned, and police arrive to the scene much faster than they had anticipated. A gangster gets shot and sped away in a getaway vehicle.

Those left after the heist meet at their spot. It is there that all the drama unfolds. They come to the conclusion that there is an insider, a cop amongst them.  Being that they are all strangers to each other, and don’t even know the names of their counterparts, everyone holds suspicion against everyone.

This film sets Tarantino up perfectly for the rest of his career. His brute, indifference to violence and overall bluntness, his beautiful artistry when it comes to depicting a crime story…it all shines through in this debut film. There is much to gain from watching this film, I suggest everyone to check it out!

16 thoughts on “Reservoir Dogs

1. Zella

I lie the valuable information you supply in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again rjght here frequently.
    I am rather certain I will learn many new stuff proper right here!
    Good luck forr the next!

Reply
  2. how to write a college essay

Lord Byron was an English poet who lived from 1788 to 1824. His father captain John Byron died only three years after his birth. At the age of ten, after the death of his grand uncle, he inherited the family title and estate. Byron attend a number of school for his education. He received his M.A degree from Cambridge in 1808.

Reply
  3. http://www.essaypenguins.com/write-my-essay

I completely agree with this saying of Napoleon : “Give me an educated mother and I will give you an educated nation .” A child usually grows in contact with its mother and from its childhood he gets instilled her instinct . If the mother is well educate , the child usually gets education as she brings up and nurtures her child carefully and in a well manner. I personally haven’t yet see any illiterate child of a literate mother. As a child gets the company of his mother the most, the mother at first should be educate the child in a graceful way. So, I agree with this saying of Napoleon.

Reply
  4. Teiana Bennett

I love, love, LOVE this movie! I watched it when I first got my Netflix account and I think I’ve seen it like ten times since then. I was pretty impressed since this was Tarantino’s first film, but he’s never really disappointed me before.

Reply