Dungeons and dragons (Characters)

Probably the best part of playing Dungeons and Dragons is the ability to create your own character. You obtain the ability to become the cool elf, stubborn dwarf, small gnome, etc. Dungeon and Dragons gives you the option to become whatever combination of Race (Looks/Culture), Class (specialty/occupation), and Background (Personality/experience). Some of the races that a player can choose from could be a Human, Dwarf, Elf, Orc, etc. Some classes that they could choose from could be a Fighter, Bard, Cleric, Ranger, etc. Lastly, the most role-playing centered aspect is the background. This is divided into three separate parts, your Flaws, Bonds, and Ideals. Your flaws are pretty obvious; it is something that character cannot control that works against them (maybe they can’t resist the temptation to steal). The second is bonds; this is the connection that the character has to the campaign they are in (maybe the princess that got abducted is there sister). And the final of the three is ideals; this represents what virtues your characters has (maybe you always fight for the greater good).  My character that I use for my campaign is a Half-Elf or a mix of an Elf and a Human. His class is a Warlock, which is similar to a sorcerer or wizard, just a little “darker”. My background starting with my flaws is I cannot resist an adventure, no matter how dangerous. My bonds to the campaign are, I have a child out in the world somewhere and I do what I have to do in order to find him. Lastly my ideals are that I crave creativity. I am always exited and interested about unknown enemies and uncharted lands.

I left off last week with my party entering a cave and the as soon as the torch was lit we saw the gleaming eyes of goblins waiting for us. We ended up fending them off with little struggle (goblins are one of the easier monsters to fight in the D&D world). They were blocking a bridge that led to what we believed to be an armory room due to the weapons and shields we on the ground. We ended up using some spare rope one of us had in order to reinforce the bridge. We all made it across safely, but of course our DM made the bridge collapse just as the last person crossed over, so we only had one option; move forward. We prepared for a larger battle because we saw large footsteps leading into the armory. After a lengthy battle plan we kicked down the door and rushed in to find a giant Ogre (who had eaten the goblins in the room) and he charged at us with his massive ax. One of my friends characters was badly injured and a few others were maimed, but we were all able to survive the encounter and it just so happened that the armory had a hidden escape door which led out the back of the mountain. We were able to loot some gold and take a few armor pieces for ourselves. Next week I will discuss a new topic that you can all choose from;  Fighting, Traveling, or How to be a Dungeon Master. Thanks and have a great Tuesday.

3 thoughts on “Dungeons and dragons (Characters)

1. Great blog, I have a group of friends back home that might enjoy this, I hope you enjoy your adventure!

2. I don’t really pay attention to video games, but it’s nice to get feedback on certain ones just in case my guy friends start talking about it! Then I can pretend that I know what I’m talking about. But anyways, ver descriptive and informative. You’re obviously very passionate about video games and that’s what this is all about! I love how you can make your own character, that’s always fun.

3. I’ve heard about this game before and how interesting it could be because every time you play the scenarios are completely different. This is definitely something that I would like to try this summer with my friends.