Come One, Come All and READ THESE!

This blogging week, I scrolled through the long list of blogs tagged with “passion” to find new ones that I could follow. Although I could not figure out where the actual follow button is… I am now a firm believer and follower in three new blogs. To no surprise as a dancer and a musician, I found myself drawn to three blogs that all had something to do with music this week.

The first blog is from our section’s very own Dylan. Dylan does a awesome job with his pop-culture song reviews I a do get a kick out of reading them. I find myself really connecting to the posts, which I have not seen so often. I love how he dissects each layer and unfolds every hidden element of the songs that are “popular” today. It is also very cool to see someone else’s perspective on some of the music that I too listen to. Keep up the great work Dylan!

The second blog is the blog belonging to James, just James (well that is all the information I know about him). James has an amazing blog that reaches out to the hip-hop and rap community, which I absolutely love to read about because this is the type of music (besides for my beloved Bob Marley) that I find myself listening to the most.  One post in particular that I found myself extremely drawn to was his second blog post  where he discusses Kendrick Lamar and his album, and what he is done. Kendrick Lamar is one of my favorite rappers today and I really found what James was writing about to be very interesting. I very much look forward to continuing my reading every week from this blog.

The final blog that I have stumbled upon is the blog belonging to Dan, and his “quest for zest in music culture.” In his most recent post he discusses the idea of silence as music. This post really made me interested and focused on what he was writing about. It caused me to start listening to my music verse silence and seeing if I had the same reaction to both. Could i define music as silence? Or silence as music? Besides Dan creating a personal dilemma within myself, he created a really great post and many other great ones before. He is really good at organizing his posts, including in-text links to the songs he is discussing, so that you can really get the full experience of each post and each discussion. Really great writing and organization all around.

Speak Your Mind