Netflix- New Girl Recommendation

If you are looking for a seriously funny sitcom with an amazing set of friends with diverse backstories and personalities look no further. Today I will be recommending New Girl which has recently become one of my favorite television shows and certainly my favorite comfort show. New Girl consists of seven wonderful seasons which were all completed in 2018. Additionally, the show is rated TV-14 and is described as a “quirky” and “witty” which I definitely agree with.

The show takes place in Los Angeles, California and features the lives of four adult roommates who are trying to figure out their lives in a romantic and career sense. After Jess, the lead girl, finds her boyfriend cheating on her, she has to pack her things and try to find a new place to live. She ends up moving in with three strangers- Winston, Nick, and Schmidt. The four roommates, along with other characters along the way, including Jess’s best friend Cece, navigate adulthood and forge amazing friendships along the way.

New Girl had me cracking up the entire time from season one through season seven. The group always ends up in strange situations and have to work through the challenges together. No spoilers but the relationships forged throughout the show, romantic and platonic, are amazing and admirable. You will find yourself relating to the characters on many levels and you may become as engrossed in the plot as I was. It is a show for everyone! My older brother watched it and loved it (which is saying a lot because we usually have very different tastes in shows) and I have met so many people who stand by it.

I am a fan of sitcoms and this has to be my favorite! Overall, I give the show a rating of 9.5/10! Let me know if you have watched New Girl and how you liked it or if you do watch it, let me know how you like it! I have linked the preview below if you are interested.

3 thoughts on “Netflix- New Girl Recommendation

1. Hannah Waldt says:

I. Love. This. Show. Lol I started watching a number of years ago and binged the entire thing. Everything you said is so true. Quirky, fun, adorable, and laugh-out-loud funny. I’ll definitely have to rewatch this soon.

2. Lauren Phelps says:

I really like New Girl!! My THON captain is also obsessed with it. I think its really interesting how shows can develop such a wide reaching fanbase. I also saw a video on tik Tok today about the actor who plays Nick talking about how the actors wanted to continue making the show for the fans but the FOX network cancelled it anyways. Very sad 🙁