Why do History Day?
National History Day is a great way to get your students excited about history, and a great way for you as a teacher to mix things up in your classroom while still covering the state standards and preparing your students for standardized testing!
- How NHD fits into the PA Common Core State Standards
- Study showing NHD Students do better on Standardized Tests
- How NHD relates to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Register your Students
- The 2015 Theme Book has a lesson plan for getting students thinking about the theme, and lists the correlating Common Core State Standards.
Historical Investigation Lesson Plans
- Read Like a Historian
- Mass. Historical Society
- EDSITEment (National Endowment for the Humanities)
NHD Time line
Pennsylvania History Day
American Library Associations’ Reference and User Services Association
University of Illinois
Not sure how to Cite a source? Check your school or local library or ask one of the librarians at Penn State about the MLA or Turabian guide. There are also lots of guides online you can find with a Google search.