Where in Asia is Penn State?

Hi!  I’m Mary Adams and one of my favorite responsibilities in the Undergraduate Admissions Office is the recruitment and admission of students from outside of the United States.  I travel the globe talking to students, their families, and the guidance/advising community about Penn State.   It is my great pleasure to introduce Penn State to new audiences.

But, no matter where I go — from Zurich to Abu Dhabi, from Managua to Mumbai  — I also have the pleasure of meeting fellow Penn Staters and people who know about Penn State through a connection with a family member, or a  friend or a co-worker.   It’s wonderful to connect with people who know about Penn State and to share stories and experiences.

When I think about Penn State I think about choices and opportunities.  Penn State is a great place to study and we are justifiably proud of our excellent and dedicated faculty and the spirit, commitment and generosity of our students.  We are among the top 50 universities in the world, offering over 160 degree programs and over 1200 clubs and organizations that help you round out your experience and hone your leadership skills.   Our lively and diverse student body, spread over 20 undergraduate campuses, comes from all over the U.S. and from over 130 countries.

Fall is my favorite time of year because that’s when my recruitment travel begins and I have the opportunity to connect with so many great students and families and guidance counselors.  On Monday, 10 September I will embark on a five-week journey to Asia.  From 10 to 28 September I’ll be leading 30 U.S. colleges and universities on the Council of International Schools Tour to Asia where we will visit schools to interact with students, parents and counselors.  We begin our journey in Seoul and travel on to Shanghai, Suzhou, Kaohsiung, Hsinchu, Taipei, Manila, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Jakarta and Singapore.  Then on September 29,  I’ll fly to Sri Lanka to begin another journey that will take me from Colombo on to India with stops in Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Dehra Dun, Mussoorie, and Delhi.

For more information on where I will be, you can look at the International Visitation Schedule.  If you can’t join me on my travels, then you can join my Penn State colleagues for our international student chat on Wednesday, September 19 from 16:00 to 20:00 p.m. EST (GMT-4:00).

I hope to meet many of you on my travels, to share information about Penn State, and to help you begin your journey to this wonderful university. Don’t forget that you can begin your journey now by starting your application to Penn State today.

Mary

This entry was posted in International Students and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.