The end of November is near …

We are rapidly approaching our priority filing deadline for first-year domestic students: November 30. Those students who submit a complete application by this date have their best chance of admission to their first choice campus and/or major. But what do we consider a complete application? We need just a few pieces:

1. Your online application
      2. Official high school transcript (with counselor form)
      3. Official SAT or ACT (with writing) scores from the testing agency

If you have already taken care of these items, be sure that you log in to MyPennState to verify that your application is complete before we reach November 30. You may have requested the additional application materials be sent to Penn State, but that doesn’t mean that they have arrived, and MyPennState is the best place to confirm this information. Be sure to check your status!

Additionally, we ask that you be patient if you just requested your transcripts be sent within the last week. While we try to process documents as quickly as possible, it does take a little time to acknowledge the receipt of transcripts, so your MyPennState may not update for a 2-3 weeks. We are receiving thousands of transcripts and do not update a student’s status automatically upon receipt — there is a delay due to processing.

And for those of you who know your application is complete already, it may still take some time for you to hear a decision from Penn State as we process all of the applications we receive prior to the November 30 filing date. Any student who applied by November 30 should expect a decision by the end of January, with most students receiving their decision in January.

Thank you to everyone who has already applied to Penn State, and best of luck to those of you who are completing the application. And remember — November 30 is a recommended filing date. Penn State operates on rolling admissions after that date, so you can still apply after November 30 if you are interested in Penn State. If you have any further questions about your application or the application process, please contact us next week.

This entry was posted in Application Information, Applying to Penn State and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The end of November is near …

1. Kim Emigh says:

Please confirm with the ACT again about the scores, as we do not see them yet. If you have more questions, please contact us via email or phone. Thank you!

2. Kim Emigh says:

Hi! Yes, you should be fine. Since November 30 fell on a Sunday, we accepted the receipt of materials immediately following that date. Thank you!

3. Kim Emigh says:

Yes, you can apply after November 30! You can apply now, and then when the scores arrive in December, we will add them to your application in order to complete it. Thanks!

4. Victoria T says:

Hi
    I submitted my application in November ahead of the deadline. When I took the ACT in late Oct, I had the scores sent to PSU. I just looked at MyPennState and it states that the test scores are still missing … is there a way to confirm that my application is complete and the status on my link just hasn’t been updated yet? Realize this is an incredibly busy time for Admissions, but I’m a little worried the test scores have caused me to miss the Nov 30th deadline … The counselor form, proof of residency, and transcript were all submitted a few weeks ago. Thanks!

5. Chloe says:

I sent my SAT scores on November 24th and according to the College Board website they were officially sent to Penn State on November 26th. My application and transcript were received by Penn State before November 30th, but it appears that my SAT scores were not received until December 1st or 2nd. Will my application still be considered as part of the priority pool?

6. Johana says:

Hi , I was just wondering if we can summit applications for rolling admission after November 30? Im also taking my SAT e this December and was wondering if I can submit my application and send my scores when I get them ? or would my application not count ?

7. Kim Emigh says:

Hi! We likely do have them, but it does take some time to process. Your MyPennState status should update in the next week or so, upon us acknowledging their receipt. Thanks!

8. Kim Emigh says:

No – please send us the counselor form as soon as you can – if we have the other pieces, you will be fine. Thanks!

9. Kim Emigh says:

Hi Tenzin. You can have your guidance counselor contact us regarding a fee waiver, or if you have an SAT or ACT fee waiver, you can send that to us. Otherwise, please submit the application online. If you submit it before getting the waiver, we cannot refund the fee. Thanks!

10. Duveen Nalamothu says:

My status says that transcripts are pending.But the school has already send them.What to do now?yesterday was the deadline.

11. BAILEY C. OTTINGER says:

HELLO,
    I HAVE A QUESTION I HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER. MY MOM HAS ASSISTED ME WITH MY APPLICATIONS AND GOT MY SEALED OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT FROM THE SCHOOL AND SENT IT TO PSU. SHE DID NOT HAVE THE GUIDANCE FORM FILLED OUT. MY APPLICATION, SCORES AND TRANSCRIPT WILL BE THERE BY TODAY’S DEADLINE. IF I GET THE FORM THERE IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO WILL I NEVERTHELESS BE DISQUALIFIED FROM EARLIER CONSIDERATION ? THANK YOU. BAILEY OTTINGER

12. Tenzin Choden says:

hi this is Tenzin from New Jersey. I have been trying to submit my application for few weeks but in order to do that i need to pay application fee. What do i have to do if i have Fee wavier ? and will my application be submitted ?