Choosing a college is a HUGE decision, and being nervous that you’re making the right choice is completely understandable. Here are some reasons why you should click that big red “click here to accept your offer of admission” button in your MyPennState account:
- 631,000 Alumni – Yep, that’s a big alumni network, and the Penn State Alumni Association is the largest in the country with over 174,000 members. This network will certainly help when it comes time to look for an internship and/or job. LEARN MORE
- Career Services – Speaking of job search, the Penn State Career Services Office ranks amongst the top five in the nation and hosts some of the largest career fairs on the East Coast. LEARN MORE
- Research – $800 million flows into the University for research annually, and undergraduate students are highly encouraged across all disciplines to get involved. RESEARCH NEWS
- 1,200 Clubs & Organizations – With so many organizations and clubs to be a part of, you’ll never be bored! Oh, and Penn State’s THON is the world’s largest student-run philanthropy in the world. Just this year, THON raised over $13 million in the fight against pediatric cancer. WATCH
- 160+ majors – With over 160 majors to choose from, you’re guaranteed to the find the major that fits you, and the best part is you won’t have to figure it out alone. Every Penn State student is assigned an academic adviser to help them navigate their academic careers. LIST OF MAJORS
Not quite convinced? Read these testimonials from the PSU Admissions Social Media Interns:
Nicole Schneidman shared why she chose to be a Nittany Lion.
Niccia Griffin-McKinney shared her experience as a 2+2 student starting at Mont Alto and finishing her degree at University Park.
Sophia Fox shared what it was like for her picking between three colleges.
Yarianne Marie Aquino shared her experiences transitioning from Puerto Rico to University Park.
If you accept your Penn State offer, share your excitement with us using #psu2019 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! If you feel like you need some more time to make your college decision contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.