- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu. “International Propaganda”, To be published in Fall 2018 issue of CP: Newsletter of the Comparative Politics Organized Section of the American Political Science Association.
- Yaoyao Dai and Zijie Shao. 2016. “Populism as a Strategy of Authoritarian Survival in China: Concept and Measurement”, CP: Newsletter of the Comparative Politics Organized Section of the American Political Science Association 26(2): 31-40.
- Yaoyao Dai, “Measuring Populism in Contexts: Introducing A Supervised Approach with Word Embedding Models.”
- Yaoyao Dai, “Self-censorship in Authoritarian Regimes: A List Experiment in China.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Luwei Luqiu, “Soft Propaganda, Misinformed Citizens, and Source Credibility: A Survey Experiment on Foreign Political Advertising.”
Works in Progress:
- Yaoyao Dai and Benjamin Radford, “Improving Multi-lingual Comparability with Transfer Learning.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Chiedo Nwankwor, “Anti-corruption Campaigns and Popular Support for the Government: A Survey Experiment in Nigeria.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Matt Golder, “Identifying Party Families with Cluster Analysis.”
- Yaoyao Dai and Alexander Kustov, “When do (and don’t) politicians use populist rhetoric? A mobilization model of populism.”