About Me

I graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Delaware with a B.A. in Psychology and minor in Cognitive Science. I received my M.A. and Ph.D. in Psychological and Brain Sciences from Johns Hopkins University where I worked in the Laboratory for Child Development under the direction of Drs. Lisa Feigenson and Justin Halberda.

At Penn State Brandywine, I am the Director of The Brandywine Child Development Lab where I involve undergraduate researchers in the study of developmental cognition.  I have authored chapters and articles in the areas of working memory, mathematical cognition, language acquisition, and playful learning.  I am driven to disseminate scientific research to the public and am an advisory board member as well as social media consultant and blogger for the Ultimate Block Party.

My own undergraduate research experience profoundly changed my view of education and I seek to actively involve undergraduates in research. Undergraduates working with me will have a hands-on research experience in which they are actively involved in the recruitment and running of subjects and the analysis of data. Overall, my goal is to give undergraduates the opportunity to see new knowledge being generated and to have an active role in the scientific process.

When I am not in the lab or teaching courses in infancy and child development, I am an avid cook and amateur photographer.

Contact me: jzosh at psu . edu