BRIDGERTON

Review: 'Bridgerton' Is a Sparkly Period Piece With a Difference - The New York Times

Hi Everyone! I decided to take a different approach with my writing for my passion blogs. Previously, I wrote about the global health affects around the world and the measures that we as a country and as human beings need to take in creating a healthy environment in order for our society to continue to blossom. Although that is an important matter for everyone to be educated on, I wanted to make this time around more light and enjoyable at the same time.

Since I was young I always liked the idea of Rom-Coms. The meeting of the characters, then the chase and if you’re obsessed with rom-coms as much as me you are always looking forward to the happily ever after. Something about all of it just touches my heart.

Imagine you are watching a dramatic episode of Gossip Girl, added with some of Jane Austen longing glances with witty dialogue wrapped up in stylish suits and beautiful ballgowns. If you are already seeing the visionary then I think you’ll enjoy this show so far. The show is based on Julia Quinn’s popular “Bridgerton” book series, which follows two families during “the season,” an annual period when elite families host formal events to introduce their children to society and find them a suitable marriage.

The Bridgertons being one of the highly valued families. Violet Bridgerton, their recently widowed mother, leads a family of eight children: four girls and four boys. Following their father’s death, Anthony is in charge of assisting his sister Daphne in finding a suitable match, whereas younger sister Eloise is more interested in writing and her own ambition than her societal obligations. Another family, the Featheringtons, lives across the street. Their Mother Portia Featherington  is already dealing with the stress of guiding her three daughters, Philippa, Prudence, and Penelope, through the season. While dealing with an absentee husband who prioritizes luxury over family.

Another family, the Featheringtons, lives across the street. Their Mother Portia Featherington  is already dealing with the stress of guiding her three daughters, Philippa, Prudence, and Penelope, through the season. While dealing with an absentee husband who prioritizes luxury over family.

The costuming and wardrobe work on “Bridgerton” is one of the show’s best features, with the characters swirling through dramatic ballroom sequences in brightly colored gowns.

Bridgerton: what the show gets right about sex, gossip and race in Regency London

If you’re looking for a colorful, romantic piece to get you through the winter, “Bridgerton” is difficult to beat especially if you have never gotten a chance to watch this appealing show and for my returners season 3 in coming soon!

0 comments