The Moon & You – Rejjie Snow

HUGO Louder Taps Rejjie Snow for Latest Instalment of Mini-Series – PAUSE Online | Men's Fashion, Street Style, Fashion News & Streetwear**The songs mentioned can be found at the bottom of the review!**

When I first found Rejjie Snow, I decided to look him up, get an idea of who this guy was, where he was from, etc. Turns out, he’s Irish which was shocking to me. If anything, I thought he was British, but I was clearly wrong. This hip-hop/rap artist knows how to pair his music well with the lyrics and the names of his songs. If you can picture and try to hear what a song about SUNNY CALIFORNIA would sound like, it’s Rejjie Snow’s. Overall, 10/10 would recommend such a chill artist that brings imagery to his music that few other artists do. 

Best Overall: ACID TRIP – I do not condone the use of drugs in this regard, but the best way I can describe this song is using the name. This song progresses the exact same way that people describe tripping off of acid; the music matches perfectly with this theme (nice job naming the song Rejjie). It begins slowly, and then progresses into a beautiful combination of many different aspects to the song, and then slows down by the end of the “trip” and brings you back to the nice beginning where we started. 

Most Underrated: PINK FLOWER – Adding Dana Williams to this song was one of the best decisions that Rejjie Snow could have made. Her voice is similar to that of SZA’s in the fact that Dana Williams is effortless with her singing and brings a light, but special addition to the song as she tries to convince whoever she is singing to to stay with her for the night, since she’s all that they need. Rejjie Snow: Dear Annie review - Irish rapper's loverman reinvention | Rap | The Guardian

Most Popular: PURPLE TUESDAY – I feel like more people know who Joey Bada$$ is, so straight off the bat, this song gives off Joey Bada$$ vibes. I like to call this kind of music “rold cap” like cold rap, but with the first letters switched (get it?). Basically, the song gives off a clear rap feel, but also R&B, so it’s more a chill rap, but rhill cap looks stupid, so I decided to call it rold cap, but even that’s stupid to be honest. Nonetheless, this song does not feel like almost 5 minutes long; it puts you in a trance and you enjoy every second of it. It’s one of those songs that you sort of drown out the lyrics, but listen to the artist along with the music in the background because it’s just so good. 

Honorable Mention: SUNNY CALIFORNIA – I had to pick this song because of how much it reminds me of one of my favorite bands, BROCKHAMPTON. BROCKHAMPTON brings so much to the table with how different their music style is, and this song brings in every aspect that they do: the deep, almost monotonous tone in the beginning, the addition of the “alien” sounding voice, and then the build up to the chorus. The pacing to this song is just phenomenal because although it changes pretty often, it goes so well altogether. 

Irish Rapper Rejjie Snow Shares His Style Influences | VogueLeast Best: ME & MY PIANO – Was this even the “Least Best” song? Absolutely not. Did I want an opportunity to put this song in this review so I put it under this category? Yes. The song wasn’t great like the others, it seemed quite average. However, I wanted to be able to put this song under a category (ironically it’s this one), to give props to Rejjie Snow for being very raw with the song. To be able to include a song that is very different from the rest on the album is very difficult, especially considering how it quite literally is him and his piano.