THE END OF EVERYTHING – Noah Cyrus

Noah Cyrus On Landing American Horror Stories Role**The songs mentioned can be found at the bottom of the review!**

In trying to decide on an album for this blog, I kept coming back to the song July (one of my favorite songs right now), and debating whether or not to review the entire album. Well, here I am; I caved. I never took myself as a Noah Cyrus fan, but in listening to this entire album, I’ve realized that I am. Her voice is so distinct, and yet it is so similar to her sister’s, which would make sense. I think I’m such a fan of this album because of how slow and calming it is, while also providing the pop part of music that everyone loves. 

Best Overall: Lonely – Lonely is the only song that gives more than the tranquil vibe to it. You can hear the pain in her voice when she sings about trying to fit in because of how lonely she is, and the crescendo of her voice and the piano really emphasizes her pain and her cry for help when she’s exclaiming how tired she is of being lonely. This song was done extremely well and if you’re going to listen to any song on this album, it should be this one. 

Most Underrated: The End of Everything – Oh, I don’t think I was prepared to listen to this song at this hour. I think the line that really got me was “Everyone you love is gonna die,” which is understandable and not untrue, so I get it. However, for Noah to put it into perspective by following that line with “So don’t you let the moment pass you by,” did help. It’s unfortunate to think about, but I think this song was the best way to put it.

Noah Cyrus Didn't Think She'd 'Be Here' for 20th Birthday | PEOPLE.com

Most Popular: July – I will always have a special place in my heart for this song. Listening to it, the balance between the guitar and Noah’s voice is perfect and they fit together, almost like a puzzle piece. Everyone says that this song has such a sad vibe to it, but just listening to her voice, it’s a peaceful song to listen to. Only for that reason would I say listen to this while you’re sad, unless you’re like me and can listen to “sad” music at any time of the day.

Honorable Mention: I Got So High That I Saw Jesus – This song has a very special message that took me a couple of times to understand. Although Noah was getting high, she realized that she had a spiritual connection with Jesus in doing so. She was comforted by the conversation that she had with him, when he said that everything would be okay as long as he was in her heart. People have many stories about what made them religious, and I think that this one is quite interesting, as it’s different from most other stories. Otherwise, the song itself is quite calming and is good to listen to, even if you don’t want to listen to the message behind it.

Noah Cyrus Is Selling A Bottle Of Her Tears For $12,000Least Best: Young & Sad – I’m not gonna lie, I love the voice message at the beginning of her dad, but I’m not the biggest fan of the rest of the song. I don’t like the pitch of it or the pacing of it, even though it does match the rest in the album. I do enjoy listening to the lyrics, but the way that the song was crafted and written just doesn’t fit the message and the idea behind it all, in my opinion.

2 thoughts on “THE END OF EVERYTHING – Noah Cyrus

1. I’ve never considered listening to Noah Cyrus before, but after reading this blog I definitely will! Your review has piqued my interest. If you’re looking for an album to do next I think it would be cool to do one of the Taylor Swift re-recordings and contrast it with the original!