More Life – Drake

**The songs mentioned can be found at the bottom of the review!**

Drake Shows Off New Braided Hairstyle — See the Certified Lover Boy! |  PEOPLE.comI always heard people in high school saying things like “Oh, I wish that this artist made music similar to their old stuff. It’s so much better.” I am not a person to complain about people changing or making better decisions for themselves, because for as much as it might affect me, that’s their decision and might just be best for them. Drake was the first artist who made me pause for a second and really think about whether or not I liked his old music more than his new, and I do. His old music seems much more unique to him, while his newer music seems to be fitting the norm. Before, his music as a whole was more distinct, but now, listening to his new stuff, what sets him apart is his voice. Either way, let me take you back to 2017, and let’s listen to some of these songs on the album.

Best Overall: Fake Love – I wish I knew music more so I could analyze this song and the different working parts. Because I have no idea how to explain this in a more in-depth manner, all of the working parts to this song, the track, the lyrics, Drake’s voice, the pacing, compliments each other so well. Fake Love is a song that sets Drake’s older music apart from other types of music close to this.

Most Underrated: Ice Melts – Recently, one of my friends suggested I listen to Young Thug, so as soon as I saw that he was featured on an album that I already love so much, I had to put the song in this category. Different from Passionfruit, Fake Love, and Blem, the pace of this song and the way that Drake works to fit Young Thug’s voice is satisfying and works so well. Drake | POPSUGAR Entertainment

Most Popular: Passionfruit – Alongside two of Drake’s other songs, I think this is the one that everyone should know, whether they know it’s Drake or not, everyone has heard this before. The minute long introduction normally would have annoyed me, but it flows so well with the rest of the song, and Drake’s voice in this makes me want to vibe; it’s just a feel good song that everyone can listen to without hesitation, no matter what their mood. This is another one of those times where I wish I could put the “Most Popular” song under another category, because in my opinion, this song is that good.

Honorable Mention: Blem – I have been sitting here for such a long time trying to think of the main instrument that is played in this song. Despite the fact that I still can’t figure it out, this song deserves so many more streams and I was shocked to see that there weren’t even half as many as Fake Love. Drake shines through when making music like this, it makes you want to listen to the lyrics and his voice while dancing, even if you don’t know how to.

Drake Releases First Statement About Astroworld 2021 Festival Tragedy |  PitchforkLeast Best: 4422 – I know that I said that the pacing of Ice Melts was different than the other songs I put on the album, but it worked and still made sense alongside the other songs. This song does not fit, and I can’t tell if that’s because of the feature or not. The artist is extremely talented, but I don’t think that he matches what the album is about, which I think brings the song down a lot.