Kangaroo Joyride

Do you have a crazy, wild dream? Something you know will never happen but you want it regardless?

Mine is kind of weird I guess, but it’s the topic of this week’s passion blog so just roll with it.

All I want out of life is to ride a kangaroo off into the Australian sunset.

riding-off-into-the-sunset

Kangaroos are generally not aggressive animals and tolerate humans really well. So, they shouldn’t have a problem with hitchhikers getting a ride towards the setting sun in the distance.

The plan is simple.

1. Take a twenty-three hour flight from Philadelphia to Sydney, Australia.

2. Find kangaroo on side of the road. (Apparently, they’re everywhere.)

800px-RedRoo

3. Ride said kangaroo to Watson’s Bay. The view is magnificent.

sunset-wedding-venue-sydney

4. Form a lasting bond with your kangaroo friend and prepare together for the journey you’re about to undertake together. These animals are herbivores so maybe just a gift of freshly cut grass would do the trick??

5. Around the 6 o’clock hour, sunset will usually strike. Look into the sun, and ride off gracefully on the back of the Australian icon. Know that you have encountered success.

After reading this, I hope you’re inspired to find your favorite animal, favorite continent, favorite time of day and favorite method of travel and give it a go.

*******Upon further research it has come to my attention that kangaroos are not strong enough to carry a human. That problem could be solved with the help of a regulated gym routine and some protein shakes. Public service announcement: Don’t skip leg day, kangaroos.

12373668

Luckily, this development has not hindered my excitement for a kangaroo joyride. It’ll still happen, I’m sure of it.

But hey, bucket lists are all about crazy, adventurous things that you’ll probably only do once in your life. If you can tell me something more adventurous than riding a kangaroo off into the Australian sunset, please let me know.

Works Cited
Man riding kangaroo. Digital image. Answer Bag. Answer Bag, 20 July 2012. Web.
RedRoo. Digital image. Kangaroo. Wikipedia, n.d. Web.
Sunset. Digital image. Sarah Maid of Albion. N.p., Feb. 2011. Web.
Watson Bay Boutique Hotel. Digital image. Polka Dot Bride. Polka Dot Bride, n.d. Web.

Comments

1. This post was really funny, and in a way, almost romantic. (A beautiful bond could form if you rode the kangaroo into the sunset.) I’m not sure about kangaroos and rabies, but I would suggest looking that up before enacting your plan. Also, maybe a light human could ride a kangaroo, but I’m not expert. Good luck with your “simple plan.”

Speak Your Mind