Just one week ago we, the seniors, had our first class together. It felt great to all be reunited again and take some time to share updates with one another. It is hard to believe that we have already spent three years together and that we are now pursuing our last year here. We have learned a great deal about each other and having the opportunity to take the ‘True Colors Personality Quiz’ solidified that. When we split into our four perceived colors, I looked around the room and thought to myself- this definitely makes sense. I wasn’t surprised about my color either. I scored 14 in blue and 12 in each orange, gold and green. That sort of breakdown could represent that I have a balance and my personality can adapt in almost all situations. However, a few members pointed out that maybe it could also mean that I do not know what I want. I don’t believe this is the case though because I feel in life we can’t live on extremes- that is why we have the gray area that we study. I also believe that our personalities are dependent on certain time frames in our lives. I believe we go through cycles of times where we are more motivated, more relaxed, more passionate towards different values, etc. I also strongly feel that just categorizing ourselves into four possible personality types is too vague. The human genome is complex and there are so many different facets to think about of which we consist of- a quiz like this simply provides a mere silver lining.

I decided to take the quiz a step further and have a best friend of mine who is also my roommate here at Penn State fill out the quiz reflecting her perception of me. I scored 13 in both organ and blue, 15 in green and 9 in gold. I found it to be interesting that here my high score was in green, where certain decision making factors are the opposite of what is defined in blue. Overall, these quizzes are really enjoyable, thought provoking, and spark conversation. However, we truly are a spectrum of color and that cannot be accounted for in a few simple questions!