Yes, a very enticing title indeed. That is what compelled me to watch this cover on CNNmoney. I am not well-versed on the culture in Silicon Valley, other than what I have learned from fellow PLA students who are very involved with hackathons and start-ups. But I do know that creativity is the cornerstone.

This original delved into the culture that works on changing norms that are better for people. Thus, creativity is the driver for this entrepreneurship. In order to develop new ideas and challenge the status quo there is a rising use of smart drugs and psychedelics. While we are aware that the brain is the most complex organ of our bodies, some of us don’t realize the extent to what we can push it to. We have two independent systems in our brain allowing us the ability to focus and the ability of introspection, when we overlap the two we are breeding connections that stimulate creativity. This overlap is caused by the use of smart drugs and/or psychedelics. CNNmoney implores that they help us to expand our consciousness.

There is still so much to learn about our brains, we will look back in twenty years and see that we were perceiving our brain as if in medieval times.

The other hugely explored cultural difference in Silicon Valley is that of polyamory. The argument is that by not limiting ourselves to one relationship we are forming connections with other also stimulating this creativity. This is more easily done through technology and apps also. Instead of the infamous key parties of the 70s, swinging can easily be accomplished via communicating on cell phones.

There were a few other tantalizing insights and commentary featured on this original and I would really enjoy having this conversation with others. Steve Jobs was a huge fan because of the creativity he received from his recreational use. What are others thoughts on this demand for smart drugs and/or polyamory as a catalyst for new connections? Was anyone aware of this culture or am I just the old bat?

http://money.cnn.com/technology/sex-drugs-silicon-valley/