The deeply celebrated weekend here at Penn State, Blue & White, is a busy time for many students. It is the end of the semester, so classes are finishing up with their last pieces of work, and the weather finally warms up, so students are incentivized to get outside and enjoy outdoor sports and sunshine with friends. However, most importantly, the Blue & White weekend is a time for many alumni to come back to the university to visit and there are numerous activities throughout the weekend for people. The weekend is an especially busy time for my organization, NABA, because we host one of the largest events during the weekend. The NABA Fashion Show.

The NABA Fashion Show is fully student-run between a selected fashion show committee and the executive board of NABA with a celebrity host (this year the host was Ray J) and fashion designers from across the nation. We host it in Alumni Hall the Saturday of Blue & White weekend, and even though the hall fits about 900 people inside, we never have an issue filling to capacity with about an additional 200 people still trying to get inside. An entire year of planning goes into the show, and this year as president, I was in charge of making sure the event went as smoothly as possible on the day of. Of course, there were many more issues than I would have preferred, but all of them were able to be appropriately handled with the help of my event staff and security team. It was a great event for everyone that came to watch the show, and now it is a huge relief to have the show successfully completed for another year.