lgsszoooiiiiytttyttt4rrrrrr222“hhbhjtyytgg]\\]=p9l,;;llll,jii

33322w2211ere

The above text is a string of characters that appeared after cleaning my keyboard with a Q-Tip. I left it because I thought my readers might find it amusing. I certainly did. Maybe I’ll turn it into a work of art.

ANYWAY, let’s get back on target. This weekend was Blue and White weekend and everyone and their mother (read everyone and their mother and father and sister and brother and aunt and uncle and cousin) were here for the game and the festivities surrounding it. My family came to visit, not just for the football-crazed tailgating, but for my a cappella concert. I was beyond excited for them to come and see the fruits of my semester long “labor.” But to be entirely honest, this is the first club I’ve been a member of that has not been a labor at all.

I am obsessed with a cappella, but this isn’t something that’s been a lifelong love of mine. I truly just got into it this semester when I joined my group, the Coda Conduct. A semester later, I’ve been a bass, a baritone, a tenor and a beatboxer, been on an EP that was just released yesterday and have had two solos. From a vocal experience perspective, I have absolutely won the lottery. I couldn’t be luckier to have met the amazing group of people I have had the honor of singing with this semester, and it’s going to be sad to see the seniors in the group graduate and go on to bigger and better things.

All of this makes me extremely excited to be living with (shoutout) Matt Mignogna next year as he is in another Penn State a cappella group, NOTA. They are absolutely incredible and if you love a good a cappella concert (or if you’re looking to get into a cappella right this moment!) their concert is next weekend. Check out their Facebook page for more details. I will certainly be there and I hope to see you at the event. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like living with this guy, but I do know that we will likely be singing all the time.

Vocal performance has been an immense outlet for me this semester. Without it, I don’t know that I would have stayed sane. The strong, guttural reaction one gets when one belts one’s butt off in the middle of power-solo is liberal and cathartic. Seriously, if you’re ever stressed beyond all believe, scream a Beyoncé song at the top of your lungs. It will do the trick I promise you.

Really this has become yet another blog about how much I love to sing, but it’s true, so here you go. And if you’re interested in supporting my group/you want to listen to a KILLER a cappella EP, I’ve taken the liberty of attaching the iTunes link below. Tell me what you guys think!

https://itun.es/us/nIBRbb