Spring in State College has got to be one of the most amazing places in the country. The crisp dew from the previous night’s rain and the chirping of baby birds actually get me excited to walk to my 8 AM class. After brutal State College winters, the green grass and budding flowers of spring are a welcome sight. Although April usually means end-of-semester stress and working tirelessly to meet deadlines, the weather certainly helps to relieve some of the pressure. There is nothing more relaxing than lying on a blanket in front of Old Main, soaking in the evening sun and being surrounded by awesome friends. It’s also great to see other students enjoying the weather, whether it’s playing frisbee on HUB lawn or eating their lunch outside in the sun. I think one of the biggest reasons for why I chose to attend Penn State was because of the atmosphere I felt on campus when I visited during my junior year of high school. On any given Spring day, when the weather is warm and sunny, you can see thousands of students sprawled across the campus, just enjoying life and college. For some reason, being among the throng of people gives me an indescribable feeling of content and joy.

Spring is also an exciting time for sports fans like myself. In the NFL, teams are preparing to draft college players in the annual April NFL Draft. For MLB fans, April 1st is baseball’s opening day, the first day of the new regular season. Finally, for basketball and hockey fans, NBA and NHL playoffs start around mid-April.